We are looking for new Board members!
November 9, 2021
Get on board to shape Washington's future
Futurewise is Washington’s only non-profit that works statewide on land use issues. Our work crosses the urban/rural divide—we encourage growth in cities to create healthy, affordable, low-carbon communities and we protect our state’s precious natural habitat, farmland and rural communities from urban sprawl.
To achieve our goals we lead campaigns to implement new policies at the state and local levels, hold local governments accountable through legal action, provide technical support with research, data analysis and community engagement, and coordinate implementation of model programs and projects. We work across Washington State with staff based in Seattle, Spokane, the Tri-Cities, and Port Angeles.
We plan to add 4-6 new board members by the end of the first quarter of 2022. We are seeking board members that reflect the full geographic, demographic, and issue diversity of our work. This is a great moment to join the board as we lead exciting new campaigns and chart our next steps.
We are looking for new Board members to:
- CHART Futurewise’s strategic vision to meet new challenges and increase our impact
- GROW the organization’s financial and operational capacity to carry out our mission
- LEARN about and weigh in on policy solutions that are core to our mission
- NETWORK with political and community-focused leaders to shape state, county, and city policy
- BUILD our external and internal organizational frames for embracing racial equity in our work
- INTRODUCE our mission and key messages to the next generation of supporters
Learn more and apply:
- Check out our current board and staff.
- Read more about the board Roles & responsibilities.
- Feel free to reach out with questions to our Executive Director Alex Brennan at alex[at]futurewise.org.
- Once you've decided you are interested, the first step is to submit your application form and a resume and/or short bio to alex[at]futurewise.org.