After wrapping up our second Week of Action, we’re back to the grind to make sure HB 1099 and HB 1220 make it out of committee this week. Here’s the scoop:
Celebrating another successful Week of Action
Thank you, thank you to everyone who helped make our Week of Action a success! Together, we kicked off the second half of the session with power.
Week of Action by the numbers:
- 532 PRO sign-ins for HB 1099 committee hearing
- 418 PRO sign-ins for HB 1220 committee hearing
- 1,458 emails sent to members of the Local Government committee in favor of the WA Can’t Wait bills
- 3 actions organized by Sunrise hubs across Washington. Check out the links below for highlights!
- 10,000+ constituents contacted by the campaign
Clearing our next hurdle: passing HB 1099 and HB 1220 out of committee
Our next job is getting HB 1099 and HB 1220 passed out of the Senate Local Government Committee by March 25th. Then our bills will head over to the Ways and Means committee. Thank you to everyone who has already sent an email to the committee asking for a YES vote on these bills! If you haven’t sent your email yet, today’s the day!
We’re also still working to schedule constituent meetings with as many senators as we can! Interested in meeting with your senator about HB 1099 or HB 1220? Zip me an email at Jamie@Futurewise.org and I’ll help you get one set up.